If your loved one or a friend is a caregiver, you may want to offer compassion and support. However, some phrases can pressure and aggravate caregiver stress, so you should not tell them to a caregiver. So, when offering comfort and empathy to a caregiver, avoid saying things such as:
- You look tired/exhausted/bad.
- You should not be sacrificing that much to your (mother, father, spouse, uncle, etc.)
- Caregiving seems like such a burden. You don’t have life.
- You should go out more.
- I don’t know how you do it!
- You should hire a skilled person to do this job.
Devoted Guardians companies have been committed to improving the lives of seniors since 2007. We are an in-home care provider of comprehensive home support services to help seniors and disabled individuals who need assistance with daily living.
Our professional and compassionate caregivers can not only help ensure your loved one's daily needs are met, but can also arrange for a variety of other services, such as music therapy, hair styling, landscaping, and home repairs, that are simply not available at other home care agencies in Arizona. In short, Devoted Guardians can help your loved one remain as independent as possible for as long as possible.