What Do Elderly People Like to Eat?
Specific foods can benefit the aging population and help them maintain their mental, emotional, and physical health. While eating a particular type of food cannot help prevent dementia r cure a disease, a healthy diet rich in nutritious food should be a part of the elderly’s daily menu.
Foods that older adults should eat include:
- Fruits (especially berries and dark skin fruits)
- Vegetables (leafy green veggies)
- Cold-water fish (rich in omega-3 fatty acids)
- Eggs (B vitamin that benefits memory and promotes stress management)
- moderate amounts of dark chocolate (full of antioxidants that may prevent heart attacks and decrease the risk of stroke)
- Coffee (can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s, stroke, heart, and respiratory disease).