What are the Types of Discharge in the Hospital?
If you need little or no care after leaving the hospital, your discharge is called a minimal discharge.
If you need additional specialized care after your discharge from the hospital, this type of discharge is called a complex discharge. If you need complex care, you will receive a care plan with the details regarding your health and social care needs, such as the following:
- The treatment and support you will receive after you are discharged from the hospital
- How often treatment or help will be provided
- Who will be responsible for providing treatment or support
- Contact information for the person providing treatment or support
- How the treatment will be monitored
- The contact person if there is an emergency