Are Eggs Bad for Seniors?
Due to the variety of their nutrients, eggs can be beneficial for seniors if appropriately prepared. However, raw or undercooked eggs can contain harmful bacteria such as Salmonella or E. coli which cause food poisoning.
It would be best if you also avoided unpasteurized homemade mayonnaise and eggnog.
What Should an Elderly Person Eat for Breakfast?
A healthy, nutritious breakfast is an excellent way to start the day and increase your energy levels. To get the right amount of nutrients, an older adult should have a combination of vitamins, healthy fat, proteins, and carbohydrates in the morning.
Here are some healthy and easy-to-prepare breakfast ideas for seniors:
- Low-fat yogurt, nuts, and fruit
- Whole-wheat toast with almond or peanut butter
- Multigrain French toast with avocado and cherry tomatoes
- Oatmeal with fruits and nuts
- Whole-grain crackers and hummus
- Egg scramble with low-fat cheese
- Hard-boiled eggs with side veggies or fruit
- Tofu scramble