Why Use an Agency?
An agency simplifies the process of hiring and monitoring caregivers, helping to reduce the stress on you and your family. At Devoted Guardians, we handle everything for you, including
- Screening all caregivers prior to sending them into your loved one's home
- Paying all payroll and related taxes and fees
- Maintaining adequate insurance requirements (Liability and Workers' Compensation)
- Handling schedule changes and providing temporary caregivers when someone is sick or has an emergency
- Providing continuous training for our caregivers
In addition, we use state-of-the-art software systems to manage caregiver scheduling, monitor arrival and departure times, and ensure that required tasks are completed in a timely manner. Devoted Guardians is automatically alerted if an employee doesn't arrive on time for a shift, so we can dispatch another caregiver to our clients' homes to ensure they receive the care they need when they need it. With Devoted Guardians, you can feel confident in the level of care and attention your loved one will receive.
Ready to find out more?
View Our Services
Let's Get Started!
Get Immediate Help on Info & Pricing
Hiring a caregiver on your own cannot only be a hassle, it can also be dangerous. There are many precautions that need to be taken when hiring a stranger to come into your loved one's home. Are you prepared to run a criminal background check or administer a drug test? How will you know the person is properly trained? Will you be checking his or her references? How will you monitor the person's performance after they are hired? Doing all of this on your own can be stressful and time-consuming. An agency can do all of it for you. Devoted Guardians, a home care agency serving the entire Phoenix Metro Area, requires each and every one of our caregivers to meet the following conditions prior to working in a private home:
- Completes a minimum of 50 hours of caregiving training
- Arizona Direct Care Worker (DCW) certified
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Identification and employment eligibility verified through E-Verify
- Obtains a fingerprint clearance card
- Passes a criminal background check
- Passes drug screening
- Is tested for tuberculosis (TB)
- Is bonded and insured
- Is covered by liability and workers compensation insurance
In-home care is not only more comfortable for your loved one, but it is actually more affordable than a nursing home or assisted living facility. Information below is according to a recent survey conducted for MetLife.
National Average Rates
Private Room in Nursing Home
$239 per day (2011)
Assisted Living Facility
$129 per day
Private In-Home Caregivers
$21 per hour
As little as $22,000 per year for in-home care services, as opposed to $83,585 for a nursing home or $41,724 for an assisted living facility.
Devoted Guardians offers individualized service plans to meet your loved one's specific needs, and we accept Medicaid (AHCCCS), long-term care insurance, or private payment plans. Help is just a phone call away. Simply call 1-800-699-4781 or fill out our online contact form to learn more about the affordable senior care services available at Devoted Guardians.
Questions You Should Ask a Home Care Company Before Hiring Them
- Does the agency carry liability insurance, workers compensation, and auto insurance in case there is an accident or their caregiver gets hurt in your home?
- Does the agency conduct sex offender registry, national and local criminal background checks, and driving records of all caregivers to increase your safety? Do they continue to stay in contact with the national registries ensuring their caregivers stay record free?
- Are their caregivers a W-2 employee that is covered under their insurance and worker’s compensation or are their caregivers contract laborers using a 1099 model?
- Are their caregivers bonded and insured for theft?
- Does the agency utilize cutting edge technology to track caregiver attendance and compliance to agreed plan of care so you don’t go without the care you are expecting?
- Does the agency drug test their caregivers for your safety?
- Does the agency provide 24/7 office support in case your caregiver needs their assistance in caring for you?
- What is the agency minimum required hours?
- Are the agencies services all-inclusive or ala carte, meaning charges are added for additional services needed later?
- Are caregivers able to provide you with transportation services?
- Does the agency provide supervisory visits to monitor caregiver performance?
- Is the agency approved to provide all Direct Care Worker State of Arizona training and certifications?
- Does the agency have a support model in place to cover gaps in coverage in the event your caregiver is unable to work a shift?
- Does the agency provide specific ailment training common to seniors that covers important topics that help prevent hospital admissions or readmissions into the hospital?
- Can the agency provide access to personal emergency response systems and medication management solutions?
- Will the agency provide a free in-home assessment?
- Does the agency have an A+ rating from BBB?
- Will the agency manage insurance billing for the client and family?
- Does the agency have programs in place to assist the client in qualifying for VA and/or Medicaid paid services?
- Will the agency provide family assistance training to family members so they are better able to care for their loved one when their caregiver is not scheduled?
- Is the agency a member of Arizona Non-Medical Homecare Association (AZNHA), an association whose mission is to uphold the highest standards of quality for the in-home care industry?