Home Care in Chandler AZ
By the age of 45 for men and 55 for women, the risk of suffering a heart attack increases. This risk further increases with age and with other medical conditions and challenges that are common with getting older, including high blood pressure and diabetes. As a family caregiver it is important that you work with your elderly loved one and their doctor to help your senior understand their risk for heart attack and take the proper steps to minimize this risk and keep them healthier as they age in place.
Some of the things that you can do to help your parent reduce their risk of suffering a heart attack include:
- Encourage them to quit smoking. Smoking is one of the leading risks for a variety of health complications, including heart disease and heart attack. If your loved one smokes, work with their doctor to find ways that they can quit safely and healthily.
- Introduce a healthier diet. What your parent eats makes a tremendous difference in the health of their body. Eating a diet that is too high in fats, trans fats, cholesterol, and salt can all stress the body, particularly the cardiovascular system, and not getting enough fresh fruits and vegetables and grains can further strain this system. Introducing a healthier diet helps to keep the body functioning properly, including reducing the chances that plaque will form in the arteries leading to and from the heart.
- Manage health conditions. Various other health complications contribute to the possibility of heart attack. Managing these conditions helps to keep your parent’s body stronger and reduces the impact that those conditions have on your parent’s heart. These conditions include diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Talk to their doctor about ways that you can help your parent manage these health conditions effectively, and be sure to mention your heart attack concerns so that the doctor can give you the recommendations and guidance that is right for your senior.
If your aging parent has recently suffered a heart attack or they have risk factors that put them at increased risk of suffering such an attack, now is the ideal time for you to consider starting home care for them. The highly personalized services of an in-home senior care services provider are designed to address your elderly loved one’s individual needs in a way that helps them stay healthy, safe, and comfortable, but that also respects their need for independence, autonomy, and fulfillment as they age in place. When it comes to helping them keep their heart healthier, this home care provider can encourage your aging loved one to eat a balanced diet, stay active, and manage their health conditions that can impact their heart health. Together with the support and care that you give them, these services enable your parent to live the lifestyle that they want while reducing their risk of heart attack. Even if your aging parent has risk factors that they cannot control or influence, such as family history of heart attack or the history of an autoimmune disorder such as lupus, this care can help your parent live a healthier lifestyle that can help keep their risk at a minimum.
If you or an aging loved one are interested in hiring home care in Chandler, AZ or the surrounding areas, please contact the professional team at Devoted Guardians Home Care. Call today at (800) 699-4781 or (480) 999-3012.
Aaron spent 5 years working for Intel Corporation in Chandler, Arizona right out of college until he ventured off on his own. Aaron has owned and operated successful small businesses for the past 10 years.
Aaron is currently the CEO and owner of Devoted Guardians a Non-Medical In Homecare Agency covering the entire Phoenix valley. Aaron has been CEO since 2012 and running businesses since 2005.
Latest posts by Aaron Sinykin, MBA, CEO (see all)
- Could Your Parent’s Vision Problems be a Sign of Alzheimer’s Disease? - April 16, 2018
- How Traumatic Brain Injuries Affect Seniors - April 2, 2018
- Caregiver of the Month April 2018 - March 30, 2018