Caregiver in Tempe AZ
In your role as a family caregiver you are going to face many challenges. These challenges can build up and create stress. While this is a completely normal and natural response to all that you will go through when caring for your aging parent, especially if you are also caring for children, caregiver stress can be detrimental to your mental, emotional, and physical health and wellbeing. Finding ways to help you to manage and reduce this stress is essential to keeping yourself at your best so that you can maintain a higher quality of life, and continue to be the best quality caregiver possible for your aging parent.
There are many ways that you can work toward dealing with your caregiver stress, but one of the most effective is starting home care for them. Having an in-home senior care services provider can enable you to craft a care routine that is effective and nurturing for your elderly parent, but also comfortable and manageable for you as well. Some of the ways that home care can help you deal with caregiver stress include:
- Open up your schedule. When you become a family caregiver it can feel as though you suddenly have a never-ending list of tasks that need to be done. As your parent gets older, that list will likely only get longer as they begin to deal with increased needs. When you start home care for them, your parent can rely on the care provider to handle more of their needs, enabling you to open your schedule so that you can focus on other elements of your life, including your children, your marriage, your career, and your own interests.
- Encourage independence. Many elderly adults require assistance with tasks such as transportation and running errands. While they want to be able to get to where they need to go and do the things that they need to do on their own, their physical, mobility, or cognitive limitations might keep them from being able to do them. This can result in your parent calling you when they need something. Not only does this add more to the things that you need to do, but it can also make them feel as though they are not able to control their own lives. The personalized services of a care provider can allow your loved one to maintain more independence by letting them do what they need to do and want to do when and how they need and want to do them. This will improve their mental and emotional health, helping to ease your stress as well.
- Managing sensitive tasks. Depending on the challenges that your elderly loved one faces, they might need help with tasks that could be considered sensitive. This could be bathing, dressing, toileting, hygiene, or other needs. Handling these tasks on your own can be emotionally difficult for you and embarrassing for your aging parent. This can add up to far more stress in your care journey. A care provider, however, can step in to manage these specific tasks so that you can ease the tension and focus your attention on your parent’s other needs.
If you or an aging loved one are interested in hiring caregiver services in Tempe, AZ or the surrounding areas, please contact the professional team at Devoted Guardians Home Care. Call today at (800) 699-4781 or (480) 999-3012.
Aaron spent 5 years working for Intel Corporation in Chandler, Arizona right out of college until he ventured off on his own. Aaron has owned and operated successful small businesses for the past 10 years.
Aaron is currently the CEO and owner of Devoted Guardians a Non-Medical In Homecare Agency covering the entire Phoenix valley. Aaron has been CEO since 2012 and running businesses since 2005.
Latest posts by Aaron Sinykin, MBA, CEO (see all)
- 1 of 10 Reasons You Can Be Confident When You Use Devoted Guardians Home Care - September 20, 2017
- New Devoted Guardians Video - September 19, 2017
- Protecting Your Elder Parent’s Personal Information After a Data Breach - September 18, 2017